Easy dinner meets bold flavor in this healthy Asian Stir Fry! Dinner in under 30 minutes with clean and completely customizable ingredients! Gluten free, dairy free and soy free.
- 1 1/2 cups basmati rice
- 6 medium carrots, washed, peeled and cut into 1 1/2 inch long pieces that are about 2–3 millimeters thick.
- 2 cups of broccoli florets, each cut in half
- 2 teaspoons avocado oil
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 8 ounces crimini mushrooms, cleaned and sliced into 3–4 slices each
- 2 Tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 pound ground meat (chicken, turkey or pork)
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1/2 Tablespoon fish sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon unrefined sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Separately toss the carrots and broccoli in 1 teaspoon of avocado oil each. Lightly sprinkle both with sea salt and black pepper and then sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon of curry powder over the carrots only. Toss again if needed.
- Arrange the carrots and broccoli on the lined baking sheet and bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Once done, set aside.
- In a medium sized sauce pot with lid, add the 1 1/2 cups basmati rice and 3 cups of water. After placing the lid on put the pot over high heat just until a low boil begins and then turn down the heat to low and set a timer for 15 minutes.
- In a large skillet, add 1 Tablespoon avocado oil and heat on medium/medium-high. Once the skillet is hot, add in your sliced mushrooms. A large skillet should allow them enough room so they aren’t over crowded and can brown. Allow them to cook for several minutes without stirring before flipping them to brown the other side. As they cook season they lightly with salt and pepper.
- Once the mushrooms have browned on both sides transfer them to a plate and set aside.
- Using the same large, hot skillet add another Tablespoon of avocado oil and the ground pork.
- Break up the pork with a large cooking spoon as it cooks. Then add in the coconut aminos and fish sauce. This will act as a deglazer (to maximize flavor) as well as cook into the meat, for you guessed it! More flavor!
- As the meat finishes cooking add in the garlic powder, ground ginger, salt and pepper and continue stirring until the pork is cooked through.
- Once the pork is cooked, add back in the mushrooms, carrots and broccoli. Stir to combine and warm everything through. Taste and adjust salt if needed.
- Serve the rice topped with pork and veggies (more coconut aminos over rice, if desired) and sprinkle sesame seeds over top.
- Eat and enjoy!
Keywords: stir fry, asian stir fry, sugar-free, soy-free, nut-free, gluten-free, easy dinner, easy meal, family favorite, best stir fry, dinner under 30 minutes, healthy,