Is there truly anything better than homemade jam? I mean realllly? I don’t think so. I’m a jam snob, ok I said it. I’m picky about my jams. I don’t like them clawingly sweet or too jelled and usually I’m a smoother-the-better type of jam connoisseur. (I’m sure that’s a thing, right?) But this Chia Seed Jam takes the proverbial cake with how easy it is!
This post may include affiliate links, by making a purchase through my link(s) I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Click here to read my policy.
I know, I know, a jam recipe in December…. but it’s cookie season!?! YES – bingo! It’s Thumbprint Cookie season and that obviously requires JAM! So by now you must be craving both jam and cookies so head over to my Paleo Thumbprint Cookie recipe. And if you’re stumbling upon this post in summer, carry on with your jam but make sure to pin the thumbprint cookie recipe for later! (You’ll want it, I promise!)
Eat and Enjoy,
This Chia Seed Jam is definitely the easiest jam you’ll ever make and it’s SO good!
- 1 1/2 cups berries (I used blackberries)
- 2-3 Tablespoons raw honey
- 1 Tablespoon chia seeds
- Pinch of salt
- In a small saucepan heat the berries over medium-high heat until simmering.
- Mash the berries with the back of a spoon as they simmer for 5 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low.
- To the cooking berries add 2 Tablespoons honey and a pinch of salt, stir to incorporate. Carefully taste (it’s hot!) and add more honey if needed.
- Once the jam tastes as sweet as you’d like stir in the chia seeds. Continue stirring while they thicken, for about 5 minutes.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and cool for 5-10 minutes before transferring to a mason jar. If time allows continue cooling on the kitchen counter without a lid for 15 minutes before adding a lid and storing in the refrigerator. (Placing the lid on immediately traps stream and will result in a slightly thinner jam that will still be delicious so no worries either way!)
- Eat and enjoy!
*You can easily use frozen berries but you will need to cook the berries longer to soften them as well as reduce the added liquid.
Keywords: jam, easy jam recipe, chia seed jam, freezer jam, refined sugar free jam recipe, honey jam recipe, homemade jam, berry jam,
Pin this image below to save this Chia Seed Jam recipe for later!