You know how when you crave chocolate you actually NEED that chocolate. Like it’s not even a want anymore, it’s a true need once that craving is born? You know? Well that’s exactly how these sweet and salty oh so chocolatey Grain Free Double Chocolate Cookies came to be!
This post may include affiliate links, by making a purchase through a link I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Click here to read my policy.
I’ve changed up my baking quite a bit since discovering a few family allergies so I’m pleased to say that these cookies are not only grain free but also gluten free, egg free, soy free and almond free! Wahoo for all the frees!
I’m a serious fan of easy, flavorful, chocolate-FILLED cookies that satisfy those cravings and this one is sure to do just that. Be sure to pin this recipe and tag me @finishedwithsalt on Instagram once you make them!
Eat and Enjoy,
These grain free double chocolate cookies are packed with chocolate and oh so decadent! They are also paleo, almond free and egg free for the perfect healthy allergy friendly cookie!
- 1/2 cup unsalted cashew butter, softened
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 2/3 cups hazelnut meal
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt (or 1/4 teaspoon if using salted cashew butter)
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Sprinkle of flaky salt on each cookie
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Start by mixing the cashew butter, maple syrup, butter and vanilla in a stand mixer until smooth and combined.
- Then add the hazelnut meal, cocoa powder, cinnamon, baking soda and sea salt and mix until completely combined.
- Using a spatula, mix in the chocolate chips by hand.
- Chill the dough for 30 plus minutes in the refigerater before portioning and rolling into balls.
- Once the dough has chilled, use a cookie scoop to evenly portion out 9 balls (this is half the dough). Roll each of the 9 balls between your hands to smooth out the edges. Then sprinkle the tops with flaky salt.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. *10 minutes will result in an ooey gooey slightly under-baked cookie that is perfect if you like that soft doughy center (which is fine because this is an egg-free recipe) but will be a bit more delicate to handle. 12 minutes yields a soft but more fully baked and sturdy cookie which is what I’d recommend if these will be shared with children.
- Once baked, remove the cookies from the oven and allow to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to the cooling rack to cool completely.
- Then repeat with the remaining 9 cookies, bake, rest and cool.
- Eat, enjoy and store any leftovers in an air-tight container.
Keywords: cookies, double chocolate cookies, grain free, grain free double chocolate cookies, chocolate cookies, egg free, egg free cookies, paleo, paleo cookies, almond free cookies, gluten free cookies, chocolate hazelnut cookies,
Pin the image below to save this Grain Free Double Chocolate Cookies recipe for later!