Have you ever wanted a super flavorful sauce that is versatile enough to go on just about anything? One that has depth of spice without being spicy? (unless you leave in the chile seeds) Well then say Hello to this Chipotle Chile Pepper Simmer Sauce! It will solve all your meal planning woes. Well, most of them at least!
This lovely sauce can be used in a multitude of ways. It’s pictured below on my Whole30 Instant Pot Chipotle Pork Carnitas served over a baked sweet potato for a great quick dinner option on any busy weeknight. Check out the recipe below for even more way to use this delicious sauce!
Eat and Enjoy,
A full flavored, bright and balanced simmer sauce to use on any meat or vegetable of your choosing.
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 4 dried chipotle chile peppers
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken stock
- 1 Tablespoon avocado oil
- 10 cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- De-seed dried chipotle chile peppers and place in a small high-temperature safe bowl. Cover chile peppers with 3/4 cup boiling water and set aside to rehydrate for 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients, except the bay leaves, to a high-speed blender such as a Vitamix. Once rehydrated add the chile peppers and their soaking liquid to the blender and blend on high-speed for 1-2 minutes until smooth.
- Use the blended simmer sauce immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to a week. Once ready to use add the 2 bay leaves. This sauce is suitable for cooking meat or vegetables in the instant pot, slow-cooker, stove-top, oven or using as a marinade.
Keywords: Simmer Sauce, Chipotle Chile Pepper Simmer Sauce,