Some days (or E-V-E-R-Y day) you just need some chocolate in your life! And on many of those days you need it quick and without a whole lot of effort. For those days, I’ve created this super simple recipe that utilizes three pre-made ingredients for a special treat that is perfect for moving nights, road trips, or every time the clock strikes 3pm….. There is absolutely no judgement when it comes to these Chocolate Almond Butter Cups!
Made with the ingredients and brands of your choosing, I like using Enjoy Life dark chocolate chips, Ground Up’s Cinnamon Snickerdoodle almond cashew butter and Maldon sea salt flakes. It’s a winning combination for sure!
Eat & Enjoy,
These simple 3 ingredient Chocolate Almond Butter Cups with flaky sea salt are the ultimate treat!
- 9oz (1 ½ cups) chocolate chips (I used enjoy life)
- 1 cup of your favorite almond butter
- Flakey sea salt to sprinkle
- Fill a mini muffin pan with liners and set aside.
- Using a double-boiler melt the chocolate chips until creamy and completely melted. Then remove from the heat and set aside.
- Spoon 1 teaspoon of melted chocolate into each mini liner and swirl around until the bottom of the liner and halfway up the sides are completely covered in chocolate.
- Set the mini muffin pan (with chocolate in liners) into the freezer for 10 minutes to allow the chocolate to set.
- While you wait for the chocolate to set prepare your almond butter by rolling 1 teaspoon of almond butter into balls and placing them on a plate in the refrigerator.
- After removing the muffin pan from the freezer and the almond butter balls from the refrigerator, place one almond ball into each chocolate liner and press down on the ball gently to distribute the almond butter into the base of the chocolate cup.
- Now that the cups are filled with almond butter cover each cup with more melted chocolate until you can’t see the almond butter.
- If desired, sprinkle the tops with flakey sea salt and place the muffin pan into the freezer once more for at least 10 minutes. You can either keep them in the frig, freezer, or if your house is cool enough, in your pantry and enjoy!
Keywords: Chocolate Almond Butter Cups, Peanut Butter Cups