Grain free, almond flour, double chocolate, chocolate chip cakey muffins! (Grain Free Double Chocolate Chip Muffins) Perfect for any treat, the only sugar these contain is found in the chocolate chips you choose because the muffins are sweetened with maple syrup! Yum!
This post may include affiliate links, by making a purchase through a link I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Click here to read my policy.
I know it can be a struggle to find treats that you feel good about feeding your family on a regular basis so I created these. They can be dressed up with icing to become cupcakes are eaten plainly with a glass of milk, either way these are sure to please the chocolate lover in your life! Make them and let me know what you think below in the comments!
Eat and Enjoy,
Double Chocolate Chip Muffins that satisfy your sweet tooth!
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup palm shortening
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips (I used Enjoy Life)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place all dry ingredients in a large bowl and shift together.
- Using an electric mixer with whisk attachment cream eggs, maple syrup, palm shortening and vanilla extract together until just blended.
- Add dry ingredients to the mixing down and blend everything but the chocolate chips together.
- Once blended stir the chocolate chips through the batter using a spatula.
- Evenly distribute the batter into 12 muffin tins and bake for 16-18 minutes in a 350 degree oven.
- After removing the muffins from the oven, allow them to sit for 5 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack. Completely cool before storing in an airtight container or enjoy while warm!
Keywords: Grain Free Double Chocolate Chip Muffins, Grain Free Muffins