Double Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies
You know how when you crave chocolate you actually NEED that chocolate. Like it’s not even a want anymore, it’s a true need once that craving is born? You know? Well that’s exactly how these sweet and salty oh so chocolatey Double Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies came to be!
This post may include affiliate links, by making a purchase through a link I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Click here to read my policy.
Hazelnut Chocolate Chip Cookies
I’ve changed up my baking quite a bit since discovering a few family allergies so I’m pleased to say that these cookies are not only grain free but also gluten free, egg free, soy free and almond free! Wahoo for all the frees!
Some ingredients you’ll need for this recipe are cashew butter, maple syrup, hazelnut meal, cocoa powder, chocolate chips and flaky salt!
More Vegan Cookie Recipes
- Cassava Flour Sugar Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
- Soft Gingerbread Cookies
- Double Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
- Pumpkin Breakfast Cookies
When you make this recipe, I’d love for you to give it a star rating ★ below and leave a comment.Print
These grain free double chocolate cookies are packed with chocolate and oh so decadent! They are also paleo, almond free and egg free for the perfect healthy allergy friendly cookie!
- 1/2 cup unsalted cashew butter, softened
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup unsalted vegan butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 2/3 cups hazelnut meal
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt (or 1/4 teaspoon if using salted cashew butter)
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- flaky salt to sprinkle on each cookie
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Start by mixing the cashew butter, maple syrup, vegan butter and vanilla in a stand mixer until smooth and combined.
- Then add the hazelnut meal, cocoa powder, cinnamon, baking soda and sea salt and mix until completely combined.
- Using a spatula, mix in the chocolate chips by hand.
- Chill the dough for 30 plus minutes in the refrigerator before portioning and rolling into balls.
- Once the dough has chilled, use a cookie scoop to evenly portion out 9 balls (this is half the dough). Roll each of the 9 balls between your hands to smooth out the edges. Then sprinkle the tops with flaky salt.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. *10 minutes will result in an ooey gooey slightly under-baked cookie that is perfect if you like that soft doughy center (which is fine because this is an egg-free recipe) but will be a bit more delicate to handle. 12 minutes yields a soft but more fully baked and sturdy cookie which is what I’d recommend if these will be shared with children.
- Once baked, remove the cookies from the oven and allow to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to the cooling rack to cool completely.
- Then repeat with the remaining 9 cookies, bake, rest and cool.
- Eat, enjoy and store any leftovers in an air-tight container.
Keywords: vegan double chocolate chip cookies, double chocolate hazelnut cookies, hazelnut chocolate chip cookies, chocolate chip cookies with hazelnuts, hazelnut flour chocolate chip cookies,