Instant Pot Hidden Veggie Pear Applesauce is packed with nutrition and made in just a few minutes using your favorite pressure cooker! This recipe includes two vegetables and tastes just like cinnamon applesauce, for the win!
For the Instant Pot:
- 10 pears (I typically use bartlett but any will work), cored and deseeded with skin on
- 3 large apples (I prefer honeycrisp), cored and deseeded with skin on
- 3 golden beets (yellow beets), use a vegetable peeler to remove skin and cut into 1 inch thick pieces
- 1 cup water
- 2 cinnamon sticks
Into the Blender:
- 1 cup packed baby spinach leaves
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Once prepared add apples, pears and golden beets to the instant pot or pressure cooker.
- Pour in one cup of water and place 2 cinnamon sticks in.
- Lock lid and set valve to sealing.
- Select Manual / Pressure Cook on high for 10 minutes.
- Once cooking has finished, quick release steam.
- Carefully remove the two cinnamon sticks and discard.
- Using a slotted spoon transfer all but the liquid into a blender.
- To the blender also add the spinach and ground cinnamon.
- Blend on high several minutes until smooth and creamy.
- (Optional Step: Pour blender contents through a wire strainer to ensure no chunks of spinach remain and rat you out!)
- Pour Pear Applesauce into mason jars or other freezable containers for storage.
- I recommend allowing to cool on the counter for 30+ minutes if possible to release steam before placing a lid on and transferring to the refrigerator. I also recommend allowing to chill in the frig prior to placing in the freezer to prep the jars and give your freezer an easier job.
*Cook time is an “Instant Pot” 10 minutes which means once the machine comes to pressure which is really closer to 15-20 minutes in total.
Keywords: Applesauce recipe, instant pot, hidden veggie, picky eater,