Instant Pot Applesauce is a hidden veggie recipe packed with nutrition and made in just a few minutes using your favorite pressure cooker! This recipe includes two vegetables and tastes just like classic cinnamon applesauce. This sugar free homemade applesauce is unsweetened and the perfect easy Whole30 Applesauce that the whole family will love.
For the Instant Pot:
- 10 pears (I typically use bartlett but any will work), cored and deseeded with skin on, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 3 large apples (I use honeycrisp), cored and deseeded with skin on, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 3 golden beets (yellow beets), use a vegetable peeler to remove skin and cut into 1 inch thick pieces
- 1 cup water (for both the 6qt and 8qt sized Instant Pot)
- 2 cinnamon sticks
Into the Blender:
- 1 cup packed baby spinach leaves
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Once prepared add apples, pears and golden beets to the instant pot or pressure cooker.
- Pour in one cup of water and place 2 cinnamon sticks in.
- Lock lid and set valve to sealing.
- Select High Pressure / Manual on high for 10 minutes.
- Once cooking has finished, quick release steam.
- Carefully remove the two cinnamon sticks and discard.
- To the bottom of the blender add the spinach and ground cinnamon.
- Using a slotted spoon transfer all but the liquid into a blender over the spinach and cinnamon.
- Blend on high several minutes until smooth and creamy.
- Pour Pear Applesauce into mason jars or other freezable containers for storage.
- I recommend allowing the jars to cool on the counter for 30+ minutes if possible to release steam before placing a lid on and transferring to the refrigerator. Allow the jars to chill in the fridge overnight prior to transferring them to the freezer for longer storage.
*Cook time is an “Instant Pot” 10 minutes which means once the machine comes to pressure which is really closer to 15-20 minutes in total.
Keywords: whole30 applesauce, hidden veggie recipe, homemade unsweetened applesauce,