Kheema Matar or Indian Spiced Ground Beef….. but doesn’t Kheema Matar sound just so much better!??! Except probably when I say it, but I digress.
I know what you’re thinking, Indian Spiced Beef in bell peppers….? YES! This is just one of the ways I love to use a big batch of this amazing beef during a busy week for a quick meal. Not sure about you but I like to make life simple where I can and that means bulk making a portion of our week’s food that can be transformed into a variety of different meals throughout the week.
To make the stuffed bell peppers, I simply reheated the beef in a saucepan over medium heat with some leftover basmati rice, frozen peas, shredded carrot then filled the bell peppers, topped with cheese and popped them in your 350 degree fahrenheit oven for 30-45 minutes (depending on how well done you like your peppers).
NOTES: Make sure to choose bell peppers that are similar in size if possible to aid even cooking, add 1/2 cup of water to the bottom of your baking dish before baking and cover the stuffed, de-seeded peppers with foil. For a bit more color, turn your oven to broil for the last 5 minutes.
Try these out and then tell me in the comments below what else you made from this Indian Spiced Beef!
Eat and Enjoy,
Full of spice this Instant Pot Kheema Matar: Indian Spiced Ground Beef is perfect for stuffing bell peppers.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 Tablespoons ghee
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- Preheat the Instant Pot by selecting Sauté twice to achieve sauté on high heat. When hot, add the ghee and heat for several seconds before adding the cinnamon sticks. Stir cinnamon sticks through the ghee.
- Add in onion, garlic and ginger and sauté a few minutes until the onion has softened.
- Add the ground beef and sauté until mostly browned and no clumps remain, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in garam masala, salt, turmeric, cumin, cardamom, cayenne pepper and water.
- Lock the lid and select manual or pressure cook (depending on your model) on high pressure and cook for 6 minutes.
- When cooking has finished allow pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes then quick release any remaining steam.
- Unlock and remove lid. Serve over Basmati rice, cauliflower rice, vegetables or stuff into bell peppers. Enjoy!
*If you want want to eat this dish, as pictured, stuffed into bell peppers you will need to fill the peppers with the meat mixture and anything else you’d like, such as rice, cheese, carrots and peas. Then bake the stuffed peppers for 30-45 minutes (depending on desired pepper doneness) in a 350 degree oven.
Keywords: Instant Pot Kheema Matar, Indian Spiced Beef