No-Bake Almond Energy Bites. This recipe was born out of a need to use the almond “pulp” that’s left after making almond milk. It’s quick, super easy and a great quick snacking option to have on hand.
This isn’t a sweet recipe and the only hint of sweetness comes from the dark chocolate chips. I prefer it this way but if you have a stronger sweet tooth I’d suggest adding some honey prior to mixing and rolling the bites. A little honey goes a long way so start slow and taste as you add. Taste testing is a tough job but somebody’s got to do it! Comment below on how you like yours and if you added a sweetener to the mix!
Eat and Enjoy,
A great snack made from the pulp left after making almond milk!
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup almond pulp (from making Almond Milk)
- 1/4 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 Tablespoon chia seeds
- Heat almond milk slightly, either by microwave or on stovetop, until it’s creamy and a sauce-like consistency. This is especially important if you keep your almond butter in the frig, like I do.
- Using the now slightly warm almond butter, combine all ingredients together until dough-like.
- Portion out bites into the desired size and roll between hands to form into balls.
- Transfer to an air-tight container and store in the frig, once hardened enjoy!
Keywords: Almond Energy Bites, Energy Balls, no bake,