This paleo ham and egg breakfast bake makes busy mornings a breeze!
This post may include affiliate links, by making a purchase through a link I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Click here to read my policy.
Food comes with so many memories and I think that’s part of what I love about food and cooking. You can bring back memories and relive moments through food. For me one of the associations I have with egg bakes brings back memories of the postpartum days with my baby girl. That period after I had my daughter was so sweet as I got to know her in a new way. I’d stocked my freezer with meals I’d made ahead and took any food family and friends offered to bring me. It was such a life saver for the first few months when everything is a blur!
One of my favorite breakfasts was single portion baked eggs individually frozen for easy reheating! It just made life so much easier and enjoyable to have food ready to go and easy to grab for one handed eating.
Whole30 Egg Breakfast Casserole
I’ve created this Whole30 breakfast casserole that is packed with veggies and a good amount of smoked ham flavor. It’s down-right satisfying and such a great make-ahead option! This breakfast bake is filled to the brim with ham, kale, bell pepper and hash browns. It’s a must make for any new Momma or anytime you want easy protein packed breakfasts that you can make ahead of time!
Can I Freeze This Paleo Egg Breakfast Casserole
Yes! This paleo and whole30 breakfast casserole bake freezes beautifully! I recommend cutting it into squares and freezing those individually so you can take out as many as you need and reheat! I recommend letting them sit overnight in the frig before reheating in your oven or toaster oven.
Eat and Enjoy,
More Healthy Breakfast Recipes:
Did you make this recipe? I want to see it! Snap a picture and share it here on Pinterest.
Follow me on Pinterest for more easy healthy recipe ideas!Print
This paleo ham and egg breakfast bake makes busy mornings a breeze! It’s dairy-free, grain free, gluten free, paleo and Whole30 compliant.
- 1 Tablespoon avocado oil or bacon fat
- 2 cups cooked ham roast, diced into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, cup into 1/4 inch pieces
- 2 cups kale leaves, removed from stem and cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 16 ounces frozen hash browns
- 12 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- oil or fat for greasing the baking dish
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Grease/oil a 9×13 glass baking dish and set aside.
- Start by browning the cubed ham in a skillet over med-high heat and set aside.
- Move the ham to the prepared baking dish and saute the bell pepper for about 2 minutes then transfer it to the baking dish with the ham.
- Add the kale and hash browns to the baking dish with the ham and bell pepper and mix so that the ingredients are all evenly blended. Spread them out in an even layer across the bottom of the dish.
- For a light and fluffy egg bake blend eggs with either an immersion hand blender or full sized blender. Alternatively you can whisk up the eggs by hand in a bowl as you would to make scrambled eggs. Then lightly season the blended raw eggs with salt and pepper.
- Pour the seasoned raw eggs over the ham and veggies in the baking dish.
- Bake until the top is slightly golden-brown and the middle no longer giggles, about 40 minutes. (longer may be necessary depending on your oven)
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before slicing.
Keywords: paleo egg bake, whole30 breakfast, breakfast casserole,
Pin this recipe for later!