I don’t know anyone who doesn’t enjoy a good blueberry muffin! Add in some zesty lemon and you’ve got an amazingly fresh baked treat for any day of the week.
What is it about muffins that just makes you want to eat a whole batch!??!
Luckily you are fully allowed to eat the whole batch of these healthy Paleo (and vegan!) Lemon Blueberry Muffins! Refined sugar free, these yummy muffins are sweetened with pure maple syrup so you can feel good about sharing them with your little ones without experiencing a sugar high or sugar crash!
These would make a great breakfast muffin or addition to any lunch box. The best part is they are clean and healthy but act like such a treat!
Little hands cant resist!
Eat and Enjoy,
These Paleo Lemon Blueberry Muffins make a great breakfast muffin or addition to any lunch box. The best part is they are clean and healthy but act like such a treat!
- 1/2 cup almond butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- zest of 3 lemons
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Using either an electric mixer or whisk and bowl, cream the eggs and pure maple syrup together then add coconut milk, coconut oil, vanilla extract, and lemon juice. Mix until fully incorporated then add in the almond butter.
- After all wet ingredients are combined add in all remaining ingredients except for the fresh blueberries and mix until a smooth batter forms.
- Using a spatula gently fold in 1 cup of the blueberries to the batter, reserving a 1/2 cup of the berries.
- Line a full sized muffin tin with paper liners and evenly divide the batter between the 12 muffin cups.
- Evenly place a few blueberries on top of each batter filled muffin cup.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the muffins comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes after removing from the oven before transferring muffins to a rack to finish cooling.
Keywords: Paleo Lemon Blueberry Muffins, Paleo Blueberry Muffins, Gluten Free Blueberry Muffins