This Vegan Orange Chicken is a plant based version of this Chinese takeout favorite! Easy to make, gluten free and the homemade sweet and sticky orange chicken sauce is packed with flavor!
For the Cauliflower:
- 1 large head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 teaspoons avocado oil
- 1/2 teaspoon unrefined sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
For the Orange Sauce:
- 3 cups orange juice
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1/4 cup agave syrup
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon unrefined sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
For the Garnish:
- green onions, sliced
- toasted sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the cauliflower florets, avocado oil, salt and pepper to the baking sheet and toss until coated.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until just fork tender.
- While the cauliflower roasts start of the orange sauce by heating a medium to large deep sided skillet over medium heat.
- Add the orange juice, coconut aminos, agave syrup, apple cider vinegar, ground ginger, garlic powder, salt, pepper and cayenne pepper and stir.
- Allow the sauce to reduce for 20 minutes at a simmer, stirring occasionally. *The sauce will start out very runny and will considerably thicken up to the point where you can see the separation when you pull a spatula through it.
- One the cauliflower is roasted, remove it from the oven and set aside.
- After reducing for 20 minutes, add the cauliflower to the thickened orange sauce and stir to coat.
- Serve over rice garnished with green onion and sesame seeds. Enjoy!
Keywords: vegan orange chicken, orange cauliflower, vegan orange cauliflower,