Vegan Rasta Pasta is a creamy pasta recipe tossed with Jamaican style jerk spices and bell peppers. It’s a decadent, easy to make dish that is sure to make it’s place into your regular dinner rotation.
Cashew Cream Ingredients:
- 1 cup raw cashews (soaked for 2 hours up to overnight)
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 teaspoon unrefined sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Rasta Pasta Ingredients:
- 8 ounces penne pasta (this is a great protein packed gluten free option)
- 2 Tablespoons vegan butter or avocado oil
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 1 cup water or vegetable stock
- 1 Tablespoon jerk seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 small red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 small green bell pepper, sliced
- green onions, sliced to garnish *optional
- To start make the cashew cream by draining the soaked cashews and discarding the water. Blend all the cashew cream ingredients including the soaked and drained raw cashews in a high speed blender until smooth, about 90 seconds.
- Cook the pasta to al dente according to the package directions and drain then set aside.
- While the pasta cooks, heat a large skillet over medium-low heat and saute the garlic and butter together for about 2 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and stir in the cashew cream, water, jerk seasoning, nutritional yeast and thyme. Stir until smooth and taste and add salt and pepper if desired.
- To the skillet with cream sauce add the bell peppers and warm pasta and toss until everything is coated.
- Serve immediately topped with green onions if desired and a pinch of jerk seasoning. Enjoy!
Keywords: vegan rasta pasta, rasta pasta recipe, rasta pasta ingredients,