How many meals or dishes out there can truly be done from start to finish in 15 minutes?? Unless we’re talking smoothies or raw food I don’t think there are many BUT I have one here for you guys and it’s amazing and healthy! Like healthy meets comfort food kind of amazing! Helloooo Warm Bacon Orange Kale Salad!
I’m always in when it comes to bacon, I mean have you ever had anything with bacon that wasn’t good? I confess I’m not a daily salad eater and one of the reasons is because I much prefer warm cooked food to raw so this salad hits all the marks for me! Warm, bacon, a bit of cheese, crunch from the almonds, a tangy simple dressing and fresh citrus zing from the oranges! It’s even toddler approved! And she stole, I mean I shared…., all my oranges.
Eat & Enjoy,
Quick and easy kale salad that is full of all the yummy flavors.
- 4 slices of bacon, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 8 large kale leaves (approximately 1 bunch), leaves removed from stem and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 medium orange, sliced into segments
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the bacon over medium heat in a skillet. Once cooked, remove bacon with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- If more than 2 Tablespoons of bacon fat was rendered, remove any additional and set aside for future cooking.
- Lower skillet heat to medium-low and using the 2 Tablespoons of rendered bacon fat, add 1 Tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and the chopped kale leaves, then saute for about 3 minutes until wilted.
- Remove kale to a mixing bowl and add in cooked bacon, orange segments, sliced almonds and shredded parmesan cheese. Mix until combined and taste. Finish with salt and pepper as needed.
*The amount of salt needed for this dish will greatly depend on both your personal taste and the bacon that you use.
Keywords: Warm Bacon Orange Kale Salad, Kale Salad