Whole30 Zuppa Toscana Soup is the BEST Olive Garden copycat recipe! Made with Italian sausage, creamy potatoes, kale and a flavorful creamy broth made of clean ingredients!
- 1.5 pounds ground Italian pork sausage
- 1 Tablespoon Avocado oil
- 1 bunch kale, washed and cut or torn into 1-inch pieces
- 1.5 pounds red potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium yellow onion, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 6 cups chicken bone broth or stock
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk, I used Thai Kitchen Organic unsweetened full fat coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- red pepper flakes to garish, if desired
Turn your instant pot to sauté mode and add 1 Tablespoon of avocado oil.
Next add the ground Italian pork sausage and brown the meat, breaking it up as you go.
After the meat is browned (it doesn’t need to be cooked through as the instant pot will cook it later), add in the red potatoes and onion.
Pour the broth/stock into the instant pot and give everything a stir.
Add the sea salt, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, black pepper, dried oregano and bay leaf to the pot and cover and lock the lid.
Set the valve to sealing and the instant pot to manual/high pressure cook for 8 minutes.
Once the soup has finished cooking, quick release the pressure. Once the pressure has released remove the lid. Stir through the coconut milk. If you are eating the soup right away stir in the kale and allow it to wilt slightly then serve. If you are making this ahead, allow the soup to cool and store it in the fridge with the kale separately and add the kale to the soup once you reheat it to serve. Enjoy!
Keywords: Zuppa Toscana Soup, Whole30, paleo, olive garden copy cat,