These Whole30 Baby Back Ribs made in the oven fall off the bone! Slow roasted to perfection along side caramelized carrots they are the perfect game day food or date night dinner.
- 1 rack of pork baby back ribs
- 1 teaspoon unrefined sea salt
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 pound carrots, washed, peeled and cut into quarters until a 1/4 inch thick
- 1 teaspoon avocado oil
- 2 Tablespoons honey (for drizzling over carrots and ribs) (*Omit for Whole30)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix the dry rub spices together in a small bowl.
- Lay out the rack of ribs on your lined baking sheet and sprinkle and pat the dry spices into both sides of the rack.
- Bake the rack of ribs for 1 hour and 40 minutes.
- Just before the ribs come out of the oven, massage the carrots with oil. Then nestle them around the outside of the baking sheet around the rack of ribs.
- Return the ribs and carrots to the oven for 15 minutes to cook.
- Once the carrots are fork tender, remove the baking sheet from the oven. Switch the oven from bake to broil. Then drizzle the honey over both the ribs and carrots.
- Return the baking sheet to the oven under broil and keep a close eye on them. Depending on your oven and rack placement you will broil for about 5 minutes until your carrots have caramelized. (Don’t be tempted to multitask, be patient and watch them to ensure they reach the desired color and doneness desired.)
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and allow the ribs to rest for 10-15 minutes before cutting and serving along with the carrots.
- Serve while warm and enjoy!
Keywords: baby back ribs, baby back ribs in the oven, whole30 baby back ribs, paleo baby back ribs, easy baby back ribs in the oven,