This quick and easy Chia Seed Jam recipe is super easy to make with your favorite berries. It’s thickened with chia seeds and lightly sweetened with honey so it’s the perfect healthy topping.
- 1 1/2 cups berries (I used blackberries)
- 2–3 Tablespoons raw honey
- 1 Tablespoon chia seeds
- Pinch of salt
- In a small saucepan heat the berries over medium-high heat until simmering.
- Mash the berries with the back of a spoon as they simmer for 5 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low.
- To the cooking berries add 2 Tablespoons honey and a pinch of salt, stir to incorporate. Carefully taste (it’s hot!) and add more honey if needed.
- Once the jam tastes as sweet as you’d like stir in the chia seeds. Continue stirring while they thicken, for about 5 minutes.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and cool for 5-10 minutes before transferring to a mason jar. If time allows continue cooling on the kitchen counter without a lid for 15 minutes before adding a lid and storing in the refrigerator. (Placing the lid on immediately traps stream and will result in a slightly thinner jam that will still be delicious so no worries either way!)
- Eat and enjoy!
*You can easily use frozen berries but you will need to cook the berries longer to soften them as well as reduce the added liquid.
Keywords: chia jam, chia seed jam, sugar free jam recipe, pectin free jam recipe,