These Chocolate Peppermint Cups are the things winter dreams are made of!
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked in water for 8–12 hours, then drained before use.
- 1/4 cup full fat coconut milk (I like Thai Kitchen Organic unsweetened coconut milk for a no coconut flavor)
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons peppermint extract (not essential oil)
- 12 ounces dark chocolate chips (I used enjoy life)
- Using the double boiler method, melt the chocolate chips on the stove top by heating them in a bowl over (but not in) boiling water. Stir as they melt.
- Using a mini muffin pan, fill 18 cups with mini muffin liners.
- To each liner add 1 teaspoon of melted chocolate. Using the back of your spoon swirl the chocolate to cover the entire inside of the liner. Try to cover the liner evenly for best results in the strongest “shell” of the cup.
- After the liners are all covered with a layer of chocolate, place the pans into your freezer to set for 10 minutes.
- As the liner shells harden make your filling. In a high speed blender, blend the soaked cashews, coconut milk, maple syrup and peppermint extract on high until perfectly smooth and creamy.
- Load the filling into a piping bag (or sandwich sized zip lock).
- Once the liners have hardened, pipe the filling into the cups. You will want to fill the cups and flatten out the filling as much as possible to prepare for the chocolate tops.
- After piping the filling check your melted chocolate. If it is still very runny and warm, spread a think layer over the tops of each cup so that you can’t see the filling. If your chocolate has cooled and thickened, heat it up on the double boiler again before using.
- Once all the chocolate peppermint cups have chocolate tops and are completed put them in the freezer for 2 hours or the frig for several hours before enjoying. (Store in the refrigerator or freezer, the freezer is best for long term. I prefer to eat them straight from the refrigerator so the center is soft! You can eat them straight from the freezer but they will be quite hard.)
Keywords: dairy free, chocolate peppermint, vegan, dessert,