Fudgy and healthy Chocolate Zucchini Muffins are the perfect double chocolate easy treat made of clean eating ingredients that kids love! Vegan, gluten free, grain free, paleo, dairy free, soy free, egg free, refined sugar free, real food.
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup dairy-free milk
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cup blanched super fine almond flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup arrowroot powder
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 cup shredded zucchini (squeeze out as much water as you can in a dish cloth or paper towels before packing the measuring cup)
- 1/2 cup paleo/vegan dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a standard 12 cup muffin tin with parchment liners.
- In a small saucepan, heat the maple syrup and coconut oil together over medium-low heat until the coconut oil melts.
- To a mixing bowl, add the maple syrup and coconut oil, dairy-free milk, apple cider vinegar and vanilla extract. Mix until combined.
- To the wet ingredients, add the almond flour, unsweetened cocoa powder, arrowroot powder, coconut flour, baking soda and salt.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet just until combined.
- Once the batter has formed, use a rubber spatula to stir in the shredded zucchini and chocolate chips until evenly distributed throughout the batter.
- Portion out the muffin batter evenly into the 12 muffin cups and pat the top of the muffin batter down flat with your fingertips. Bake in a preheated oven for 25 minutes until a toothpick comes out with only a few crumbs.
- Remove the muffins from the oven and allow to cool in the muffin pan for 5 minutes before transferring the muffins to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
- Eat immediately or store in an air tight container for up to 2 days at room temperature or up to 5 days in the fridge. (I think these muffins are even better the second day after having sat in an air tight container, after doing so their fudginess factor increases!) Enjoy!
Keywords: chocolate zucchini muffins, gluten free zucchini muffins, paleo, vegan, healthy,