These Gluten Free Chocolate Brownies are grain free and made with almond butter and cocoa powder. They are the easiest dessert recipe and always a family favorite. These one bowl brownies are made in under 30 minutes with a few simple ingredients!
- 2 large eggs (*or with Bob’s Red Mill Egg Replacer)
- 1 cup unsalted almond butter
- 1/4 cup non-dairy vegan unsalted butter, softened (such as Miyoko’s Cultured Vegan Butter)
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder (I like the mildness of Trader Joe’s brand)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon unrefined sea salt
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips, (1/2 cup stirred into batter, 1/4 cup sprinkled on top of batter)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper (allow the paper to hang over the edge on both sides from easy pick up and removal of the baked brownies), if any of the baking dish isn’t covered by parchment paper grease well.
- Start by adding softened butter and pure maple syrup to a stand mixer and mixing on med-low until combined.
- Add in 2 eggs and mix until combined.
- Slightly heat almond butter either on the stove top or in the microwave until warm and runny (not hot). (*This will allow it to mix much easier into the batter in progress.)
- Once warm, add the almond butter into the mixer and continue mixing until a smooth batter forms.
- Add in the pure vanilla extract, cocoa powder (making sure to break up any chunks before adding), baking soda and salt. Mix until everything is fully incorporated.
- Next remove the mixing bowl from the stand and add in 1/2 cup of the chocolate chips and stir them through with a spatula.
- With the help of your spatula pour the brownie batter into your prepared baking dish. Smooth the batter evenly in the dish.
- Bake for 23-25 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Wait (the hardest part!) until completely cooled to slice and enjoy!
*I’ve tested this recipe using Bob’s Red Mill Egg Replacer which worked perfectly! I’ve also used cashew butter in place of almond without any noticeable difference.
Keywords: gluten free chocolate brownies, gluten free brownies with almond flour, healthy chocolate brownies,