These moist gluten free banana chocolate chip muffins are delicious, fluffy, perfectly sweet and a healthy option that would make a great breakfast or grab and go snack! Easily made in one bowl and both gluten and dairy free.
- 2 large eggs (or egg substitute)
- 1/2 cup maple sugar or coconut sugar
- 3 medium ripe bananas, mashed (with black spots) – about 1 heaping cup of mashed banana
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free baking flour (I’ve linked the one tested that I recommend)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon unrefined sea salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips + a few more sprinkled on top of each muffin before baking if desired
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a standard muffin pan with parchment paper muffin liners or grease well.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the eggs and sugar using a whisk. Then add in the mashed banana, avocado oil and vanilla extract. Mix until combined.
- To the mixing bowl add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt and mix well until just combined.
- Swap out your whisk for a rubber spatula and fold in the chocolate chips to the muffin batter.
- Using a 1/4 cup cookie scoop, evenly scoop one heaping scoop into each muffin liner. Top each muffin cup with a few more chocolate chips if you desire (this will make them visible from the outside of the muffin – if you have kids I highly recommend making the chocolate visible!)
- Bake in a preheated oven for 20-22 minutes, until golden and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow the muffins to rest for 5 minutes in the muffin pan before transferring them to a metal cooling rack to finish cooling.
- Enjoy while warm or store in an airtight container once completely cooled for up to 3 days on the counter or up to 7 days in the fridge. Enjoy!
Keywords: gluten free banana chocolate chip muffins, gluten free banana muffins, gluten free banana bread muffins, dairy free banana bread recipes, banana mini muffins,