Gluten Free Molasses Cookies are an easy, soft, melt in your mouth, buttery burst of molasses and ginger! No one would ever guess they are actually gluten and dairy free!
- 3/4 cup vegan or dairy butter, softened (the vegan butter I recommend)
- 1 cup cane sugar, maple sugar or coconut sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1/4 cup unsulphured blackstrap molasses
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups Pamela’s gluten free artisan flour blend (*other flour blends have not been tested and results may vary)
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon unrefined fine sea salt
- approximately 3 Tablespoons additional sugar for rolling, if desired
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl with electric mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until fluffy and fully mixed.
- To the butter and sugar mixture, beat in the egg, molasses and vanilla extract.
- Add flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and salt. Mix until just combined, do not over-mix.
- For best results, chill the dough covered in the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes before rolling. Then taking a small about of dough, roll it between the palms of your hands to form a 1/2 inch ball. Roll the ball in sugar if desired and place on the cookie sheet, evenly spacing the cookies 2 inches apart.
- Bake the mini cookies in a preheated oven for 6 minutes. OR bake a larger, bakery sized cookie for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove baked cookies from the oven and allow to cool on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
- Enjoy immediately or store completely cooled cookies in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Keywords: gluten free, molasses, cookies, ginger, cookies, dairy free, gingerbread,