These healthy gluten free Double Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies are packed with chocolate chips and cocoa for oh so decadently ooey gooey flourless cookies!
- 1/2 cup unsalted cashew butter, softened
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup vegan butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 2/3 cups hazelnut flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt (or 1/4 teaspoon if using salted cashew butter)
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- flaky salt to sprinkle on each cookie
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Start by mixing the cashew butter, maple syrup, softened vegan butter and vanilla in a stand mixer until smooth and combined.
- Then add the hazelnut flour, cocoa powder, cinnamon, baking soda and sea salt and mix until completely combined.
- Using a spatula, mix in the chocolate chips by hand.
- Chill the dough for 30 plus minutes in the refrigerator before portioning and rolling into balls.
- Once the dough has chilled, use a cookie scoop to evenly portion out 9 balls (this is half the dough). Roll each of the 9 balls between your hands to smooth out the edges. Then sprinkle the tops with flaky salt.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. *10 minutes will result in an ooey gooey slightly under-baked cookie that is perfect if you like that soft doughy center but will be a bit more delicate to handle. 12 minutes yields a soft but more fully baked and sturdy cookie which is what I’d recommend if these cookies will be shared with children.
- Once baked, remove the cookies from the oven and allow to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to the cooling rack to cool completely.
- Then repeat with the remaining 9 cookies, bake, rest and cool.
- Eat, enjoy and store any leftovers in an air-tight container.
Keywords: chocolate, hazelnut, cookies, gluten free, vegan, dairy free, chocolate chip,