How To Make A Flax Egg – This easy step by step tutorial will show you how simple it is to make a flax egg with recipe ideas on how to use them!
- 1 Tablespoon ground flax seeds
- 3 Tablespoons water
- If possible it is always best to grind your own flax seeds just before using them. If you are able to do this then you’ll need either a spice grinder or a coffee grinder that has been cleaned out.
- To grind your own flax seeds, place 1/2 Tablespoon of whole flax seeds into your grinder and grind until they are fine yet fluffy. This will yield 1 Tablespoon of ground flax seed.
- In a small bowl, combine the 1 Tablespoon of ground flax seed with 3 Tablespoons of water and mix.
- Set the bowl with the flax mixture into the refrigerator for 15 minutes to set up.
- After the 15 minutes the flax egg will have thickened. Give the egg a stir and then add it into the recipe as instructed.
- This recipe makes 1 flax egg but can be doubled or tripled, etc to obtain as many eggs as needed.
*You can use flaxmeal (pre-ground flax seeds) in place of grinding your own flax seeds. If you use flaxmeal just measure out 1 Tablespoon and add that to the water in step 3 of the instructions.
The benefit to grinding your own flax seeds just before use is that you retain more of the nutritional benefits however a flax egg will still work properly when using pre-ground flaxmeal.
Keywords: how to make a flax egg, vegan egg substitute, vegan egg replacement,