This How to Roast Butternut Squash recipe gives you easy instructions for how to cook butternut squash in the oven easily every time! Butternut squash is amazing as a side or the base to other dishes.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a strong long knife, cut your butternut squash in half lengthwise.
- Scoop out the seeds and stringy fibers from each half (save the seeds for roasting)
- Transfer the butternut squash halves cut side up onto your baking sheet and brush the entire surface of your squash haves with avocado oil.
- Season with salt, pepper and paprika (only salt if AIP).
- Roast the butternut squash in the oven for approximately 45 minutes or until fork tender. Roasting time may vary with the size of your squash.
- Remove the squash from the oven and allow it to cool slightly before serving as is or before scooping out the flesh from the skin to use in your favorite butternut squash recipe. Enjoy!
Keywords: how to roast butternut squash, how to cook butternut squash, whole roasted butternut squash,