Squash seeds are nutrient-dense and perfect for on the go snacking!
- Squash of your choice (I used two acorn squash here)
- 1/2 teaspoon avocado oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 300 degrees F.
- Cut your squash of choice and use a spoon to scoop out the seeds into a colander.
- Pick out any squash flesh from your seeds and rinse them under water.
- Pat the seeds dry using a paper towel, (some seeds might stick to the paper towel, just pick them off and return them to the colander).
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and transfer the seeds to the baking sheet.
- For approximately 1 cup of seeds drizzle with 1/2 teaspoon of avocado oil. (You want them very lightly oiled since over doing it will prevent the crisping we want.)
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Toss seeds to combine oil and seasonings and them space them out in an even layer on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. (You can stir at the 10 minute mark if you desire to help with even roasting.)
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool. If more salt is needed add while the seeds are still warm.
- Store any seeds you don’t eat right away in an air-tight container.
- Eat and enjoy!
Keywords: Roasted Squash Seeds, roast pumpkin seeds, roasted,