How To Roast Squash Seeds – Squash seeds are nutrient dense and perfect for on the go snacking! With this recipe you can roast the seeds from acorn, butternut, delicata, spaghetti, kobocha squash. The squash seeds become crisp, delicious with the aroma of popcorn.
- Preheat your oven to 300 degrees F.
- Cut your squash of choice and use a spoon to scoop out the seeds into a colander.
- Pick out any squash flesh from your seeds and rinse them under water.
- Pat the seeds dry using a paper towel, (some seeds might stick to the paper towel, just pick them off and return them to the colander).
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and transfer the seeds to the baking sheet.
- For approximately 1 cup of seeds drizzle with 1/2 teaspoon of avocado oil. (You want them very lightly oiled since over doing it will prevent the crisping we want.)
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Toss seeds to combine oil and seasonings and them space them out in an even layer on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. (You can stir at the 10 minute mark if you desire to help with even roasting.)
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool. If more salt is needed add while the seeds are still warm.
- Store any seeds you don’t eat right away in an air-tight container.
- Eat and enjoy!
Keywords: Roasted Squash Seeds, roast pumpkin seeds, roasted,