Instant Pot Beef and Broccoli – This comforting and hearty dish brings bold asian flavors that are Whole30, Paleo, Keto, Gluten Free and Soy Free. It’s the perfect healthy 30 minute meal!
- 1/3 cup coconut aminos
- 2 Tablespoons fish sauce (click for a whole30 approved fish sauce)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- (optional) 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 lb serloin beef tips or flank steak trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 Tablespoon avocado oil
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 12 ounces broccoli florets
- sesame seeds and green onion to garnish
- Stir together the marinade in a large bowl or zip lock bag. Toss the beef in the marinade and let sit in the fridge for at least 1-2 hours up to overnight.
- Pour the beef and marinade into the Instant Pot with the beef broth and avocado oil, stir together.
- Lock the lid, set the steamer valve to sealing and select high pressure/manual for 10 minutes.
- After the cooking has finished immediately quick release the steam. Once the pressure has released remove the lid and stir in the broccoli florets.
- Place the lid back on the Instant Pot and lock for 5 minutes. (Do not set an additional cooking time, the residual heat will cook the broccoli. 5 minutes will yield broccoli that is still a bit aldente, for very soft broccoli let it stay in the Instant Pot for 10 minutes.)
- (Optional) To thicken the sauce remove the beef and broccoli with a slotted spoon and set aside. Turn the Instant Pot to Sauté mode with the lid off and reduce the sauce for 10 minutes.
- Once the sauce has reached the desired thickness stir the beef and broccoli back into the sauce to warm through.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and sliced green onions and serve. Enjoy!
Keywords: instant pot beef and broccoli, whole30, healthy, keto,