Instant Pot Bolognese Sauce – A healthy veggie loaded spaghetti sauce recipe that only takes 10 minutes in the pressure cooker. After blending, even your pickiest eater won’t be able to find all the hidden veggies. Whole30, paleo, gluten free, grain free, dairy free, sugar free, real food.
- 1 Tablespoon avocado oil or bacon fat
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup grated zucchini, shred and then squeeze out excess water in a paper towel, then pack into a measuring cup)
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup carrot, grated
- 10 cloves garlic, minced
- 29 ounces diced fire roasted tomatoes (with or without green chilies)
- 24 ounces strained tomatoes
- 1 Tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 Tablespoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- Add the oil to the Instant Pot and turn to saute mode.
- After a minute when the oil is heated, saute the onion and garlic in the oil for 2 minutes.
- Add in the ground beef and break up the meat as it cooks until mostly cooked through.
- Add in the zucchini and carrot, diced tomatoes, strained tomatoes, dried oregano, dried basil, salt and pepper.
- Scrap the bottom of the pan to make sure nothing is sticking (otherwise you may get the burn notice).
- Stir the sauce and add the lid, lock and set the valve to sealing.
- Select pressure cook / manual on high for 5 minutes.
- Once the cooking has finished, quick release the pressure and once the gage drops open the lid.
- With an immersion hand blender blend the sauce right in the Instant Pot until you achieve the desired thickness. I like to blend out all big chunks but leave in some texture. *(If you don’t have an immersion blender you can transfer the sauce to a standard blender and blend in batches.)
- Serve over pasta or veggies such as spaghetti squash or zucchini noodles. Enjoy!
Keywords: instant pot pasta sauce, instant pot bolognese sauce, veggie spaghetti sauce recipe,