This Instant Pot Butter Chicken Curry is a quick and easy Whole30 compliant take on the classic Indian dish that is made in less than 30 minutes using your favorite pressure cooker! Crock pot instructions also included!
- 1/4 cup ghee (to make dairy free replace the ghee with 1/4 cup refined coconut oil)
- 10 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons fresh ginger, grated
- 1 Tablespoon curry powder
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 cups strained tomatoes (I always use these)
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup full fat unsweetened coconut milk (my favorite coconut milk that has a mild taste)
- chopped cilantro leaves for garnish
- Add the ghee, garlic, ginger, curry powder, garam masala, salt, smoked paprika and black pepper to your cold Instant Pot. Then turn the pot to Sauté mode and sauté the ghee and spices for 5 minutes while stirring.
- Deglaze the Instant Pot with the strained tomatoes and water and thoroughly scrap up any bits stuck to the bottom of the pot.
- Add the cut up chicken to the pot and stir into the sauce.
- Lock the lid, set the steamer valve to sealing and select pressure cook / manual on high for 7 minutes.
- After the cooking is compete, quick release the pressure then remove the lid.
- Stir in the coconut milk. Taste and add more salt if desired.
- Serve over cauliflower rice topped with cilantro. Enjoy!
Crock Pot Cooking Instructions:
- Follow step 1 on the stove top and transfer the spice mixture to the crock pot.
- Add the strained tomatoes and cut chicken and stir, cover and slow cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Remove the lid and stir in the coconut milk, taste and add more salt if desired. Serve and enjoy!
Keywords: instant pot, butter chicken, chicken curry, whole30,