This Instant Pot Cheeseburger Soup is a creamy and comforting burger in a bowl! It’s made in minutes and provides all the classic burger flavor for an easy, healthy delicious one pot meal!
- 2 Tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef or ground venison
- 1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 teaspoons unrefined sea salt
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb red potatoes, washed and cut into 1 inch bite-sized pieces OR quartered red radishes to make low carb and keto
- 3 cups beef bone broth or stock
- 1/2 cup coconut cream (use the thick white cream only, no water) or heavy cream (this brand of coconut cream will not make the soup taste coconuty at all!)
- 3 cups shredded vegan or dairy cheddar cheese (this is my very favorite dairy free cheddar)
- 2 Tablespoons flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup of sliced dill pickles
- Turn the Instant Pot to Saute mode and add the avocado oil to the pot. Allow the oil to heat for 2 minutes before adding the onions, ground meat, Italian seasoning, salt, smoked paprika, garlic powder and pepper.
- Cook for about 5-10 minutes while breaking up the meat until the meat is cooked through.
- Add the garlic, saute and cook an additional 1 minute.
- Deglaze the pot by pouring in the bone broth and use a wooden spoon to scrap up any bits from the bottom of the pot.
- Add the potatoes, stir then cover and lock the lid. Set the steamer valve to sealing and select high pressure / manual for 5 minutes.
- Once the cooking time is complete, quick release the pressure.
- If using heavy cream, first mix the cream in a small bowl with 2 Tablespoons of broth from the soup to temper the cream before pouring the mixture into the Instant Pot.
If using coconut cream, you can add the cream straight to the Instant Pot without tempering.
- Working in batches, add 2 1/2 cups of cheddar to the Instant Pot 1/2 cup at a time and stir into the soup until melted.
- Serve topped with a sprinkle of the remaining cheddar cheese, fresh parsley, sliced pickles and a pinch of smoked paprika. Eat and enjoy!
Keywords: instant pot cheeseburger soup, cheeseburger soup instant pot, cheeseburger soup keto, cheeseburger soup low carb,