This hearty healthy instant pot chili recipe has a perfect blend of seasonings, ground beef and adzuki beans. It’s a delicious and comforting easy family meal.
- 2 cups dried adzuki beans, cooked
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 36 ounces crushed jared tomatoes (strained would work also)
- 2 medium red bell peppers, diced
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1 Tablespoon avocado oil
- 2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Start by soaking your beans in water the night before. (This step is not required but will result in faster cooking beans that are more easily digestible.)
- Drain the beans from their soaking liquid. Discard the soaking liquid and transfer the beans to the instant pot with 6 cups of water. Cook on manual/high pressure for 9 minutes. (If you didn’t soak the beans cook for 15 minutes.) Once cooked, naturally release pressure, drain beans and set aside.
- Rinse the cooking pot after the beans, pat dry and return to the machine.
- Turn the Instant Pot to saute and add the avocado oil and diced onion. Cook for 3-5 minutes before adding in the minced garlic. Stir to prevent the garlic from burning. Cook another 2 minutes.
- Add in the ground beef, break it up and cook until browned.
- Next add in the red bell peppers, crushed tomatoes, coconut aminos, salt, chili powder and cumin. Give the Instant Pot a stir and secure the lid, select manual/high pressure for 5 minutes.
- Once finished cooking, allow the Instant Pot to naturally decompress for 10 minutes before quick releasing any remaining pressure.
- Remove lid and stir in the cooked adzuki beans to warm through.
- Serve as is or top with avocado, olives and red onion.
- Eat and enjoy!
Keywords: Instant Pot Chili, Instant Pot Recipe, Chili, Beef Chili, Bean Beef Chili, Adzuki Bean Chili