This hearty healthy Instant Pot Chili recipe has a perfect blend of seasonings, ground beef and adzuki beans. It’s a delicious and comforting easy family meal. It’s one of my favorite budget meals that utilizes dry beans.
- 2 cups dried adzuki beans
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 36 ounces diced jared tomatoes (strained tomatoes would work also)
- 2 medium red bell peppers, diced
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1 Tablespoon avocado oil
- 2 teaspoon unrefined sea salt
- 2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Start by soaking your beans in water the overnight before you plan to cook them. (This step is not required but will result in faster cooking beans that are more easily digestible.)
- Drain the beans from their soaking liquid. Discard the soaking liquid and transfer the beans to the instant pot with 6 cups of fresh water. Lock the lid, set the steamer valve to sealing and cook on high pressure or manual for 9 minutes. (*For dried unsoaked beans, cook for 15 minutes.) Once cooked, naturally release pressure, drain the beans and set aside.
- Rinse the inner stainless steel cooking pot after cooking the beans and dry before returning the inner pot to the machine.
- Turn the Instant Pot to sauté mode and add the avocado oil and diced onion. Cook for 3-5 minutes before adding in the minced garlic. Stir to prevent the garlic from burning. Cook another 2 minutes.
- Add in the ground beef, break it up and cook until browned.
- Next add in the red bell peppers, diced tomatoes, coconut aminos, salt, chili powder and cumin. Give the mixture a stir and secure the lid, set the steamer valve to sealing and select high pressure or manual for 5 minutes.
- Once finished cooking, allow the Instant Pot to naturally release steam for 10 minutes before quick releasing any remaining pressure.
- Remove lid and stir in the cooked adzuki beans until warmed through.
- Serve as is or topped with avocado, olives and red onion.
- Eat and enjoy!
Keywords: instant pot chili, can you freeze chili, instant pot chili dry beans, adzuki bean chili, instant pot chili with dry beans, instant pot chili recipe,