Instant Pot Taco Soup is an easy, healthy and flavorful meal perfect for the weeknight dinner rush! Topped with jalapeno, avocado, cilantro and a squeeze of lime. This soup is also Whole30, paleo and keto!
- 2 Tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 2 large red bell peppers, chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 3 Tablespoons ground chili powder
- 2 Tablespoons cumin
- 3 teaspoons sea salt
- 3 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 28 ounces fire roasted diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 24 ounces chicken or beef bone broth
- 4 ounces diced green chilies
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- Coconut cream
- Green onion
- Turn the Instant Pot to Saute mode. Add the avocado oil and saute the onions and bell peppers with a pinch of salt and pepper for about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for another minute while stirring.
- Add the ground beef and stir while breaking up the meat.
- Once the beef has browned and is mostly cooked through add the spices, tomatoes, bone broth and green chilies. Stir to combine.
- Add the lid to the Instant Pot, lock the lid and set the steamer valve to sealing and select pressure cook / manual on high pressure for 10 minutes.
- Once the cooking time has finished, quick release the pressure.
- Open the lid and stir in the coconut milk. Taste and add more salt if needed.
- Serve with garnishes and enjoy!
Keywords: instant pot taco soup, whole30, keto,