Instant Pot Tortilla-less Chicken Soup is a healthy easy soup the whole family will love! This soup is versatile and can easily be made paleo and whole30 by leaving out the black beans.
Simmer Sauce ingredients for the blender:
- 2 dried chipotle chile peppers
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon avocado oil
- 2 large cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken bone broth
- 2 cups cooked black beans
- Garnish with avocado, cilantro and lime
- Start by deseeding the dried chipotle chile peppers and cover them with 3/4 cup boiling water in a heat-proof dish. Set aside to rehydrate for 5 minutes.
- Once the chipotle chile peppers have rehydrated add them to a high-speed blender with the remaining simmer sauce ingredients and blend on high for 90 seconds.
- In your Instant Pot pressure cooker add the chicken breasts/thighs and cover with the simmer sauce. Coat the chicken in the sauce on all sides. Add in 2 dried bay leaves. Lock the lid of your Instant Pot, set valve to ceiling and select manual or pressure cook (depending on your model) on high temperature for 12 minutes.
- Once finished, allow the Instant Pot to naturally release for 10 minutes before quick releasing the remaining pressure and steam.
- Open the lid, remove the 2 bay leaves and transfer the chicken to a separate plate to shred.
- Select the sauté function and then add in chicken bone broth and cooked black beans and stir to warm through. Then stir back in the shredded chicken. Taste and adjust salt if necessary.
- Serve soup with chunks of avocado, cilantro leaves and a squeeze of lime. Enjoy!
Keywords: instant pot chicken soup, paleo chicken tortilla soup, tortilla-less chicken soup,