This Instant Pot White Chicken Chili is made in under 30 minutes with your pressure cooker. It’s healthy, full flavored and perfectly balanced with mild green chiles, cumin, garlic and lime juice.
White Chicken Chili:
- 1 Tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 cups chicken bone broth
- 1.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 8 ounces canned diced green chilis
- 1 Tablespoon + 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 Tablespoon + 1 teaspoon ground chili powder
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1.5 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 14 ounce can of full fat coconut milk (I always use this one for creaminess without a coconut taste)
- 12 ounce bag of frozen cauliflower rice
- fresh cilantro
- green onions
- avocado slices
- radish slices
- jalapeno slices
- lime wedges
- Turn the Instant Pot to Saute mode. Add the avocado oil and saute the onion and garlic for 3-5 minutes until softened.
- Add in the bone broth and deglaze the pot, scraping up any bits from the bottom. Then add the chicken, green chilis, cumin, chili powder, salt, dried oregano, smoked paprika and black pepper.
- Stir the pot then close and lock the lid, set the valve to sealing and select pressure cook or manual on high for 12 minutes.
- Once the cooking has finished quick release the pressure.
- After the pressure has released, open the lid and remove the chicken. Shred the chicken with two forks and add it back into the pot.
- If eating immediately: stir in the coconut milk and frozen cauliflower rice.
If part or all of the chili will be saved: stir in only the coconut milk and add the frozen cauliflower rice straight to the bowls you will be eating and then ladle the piping hot soup overtop to cook the cauliflower rice.
- After adding the coconut milk (and cauliflower rice) taste and add more salt if needed.
- Serve topped with cilantro, green onions, avocado slices (make sure to have avocado if eating keto), radish slices, jalapeno slices and lime wedges (a squeeze of lime adds so much to this dish). Enjoy!
Keywords: Instant Pot White Chicken Chili, keto, whole30, easy instant pot chili,