This Korean Beef is the perfect hearty meat dish with lots of fresh ginger and garlic for a healthy and comforting slightly sweet dish without any added sugar! I can’t get enough!
- 2 lbs beef flat iron steak, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 Tablespoons arrowroot powder (omit for Keto)
- 2 Tablespoon avocado oil
- 3/4 cup coconut aminos
- 3/4 cup water
- 8 garlic cloves, minced (or 1.5 tsp garlic powder)
- 1 Tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (this amount doesn’t result in a spicy dish but more can be added if desired)
- Garnish with sliced green onions and sesame seeds
- (For Keto skip to step 2 since you won’t use arrowroot.) Add the cut beef to a gallon sized zip lock bag with 2 Tablespoons arrowroot powder, close the bag and shake until all the beef is coated.
- In a mixing bowl or large measuring cup stir together the coconut aminos, water, minced garlic, grated ginger, apple cider vinegar, salt and pepper flakes.
- Turn on the instant pot to the saute setting and add the avocado oil allowing it to heat up for 1-2 minutes.
- Once the oil is hot, add the beef pieces and cook for 2 minutes then turn over the pieces using tongs and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Pour the sauce mixture over the beef to deglaze the pot and scrape off any bits from the bottom of the pot.
- Secure the instant pot lid, set the valve to sealing and cook on high pressure/manual for 10 minutes.
- Once the cooking has completed allow the instant pot to depressurize for 10 minutes before quick releasing any remaining pressure and removing the lid.
- Serve immediately over spaghetti squash, cauliflower rice, green beans, brussels sprouts, asparagus or broccoli. Garnish with sliced green onions and sesame seeds.
- Eat and enjoy!
Keywords: instant pot korean beef, korean beef, whole30 recipes,