Mexican Street Corn Salad is easy, creamy and packed with flavor! Made with fresh sweet corn, avocado, quinoa, lime and two cheeses. It’s the best easy summer side dish!
For the salad:
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 2 cups fresh raw sweet corn, cut off the cob
- 1/4 cup cotija cheese
- 1/4 cup white cheddar, finely shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
For the dressing:
- 1 avocado
- 1 lime, juiced
- pinch of salt
For the garnish:
- cilantro leaves, torn and sprinkled on top (optional)
- fresh cracked black pepper (optional)
- Combine all salad ingredients in a serving bowl and mix together.
- Add the dressing ingredients to a high speed blender and blend until creamy and smooth. *See notes below.
- After tasting and adjusting if needed, pour the dressing over the salad and toss until everything is coated and evenly combined. Garnish with cilantro and freshly cracked black pepper, if desired.
- Serve and enjoy!
*For the dressing: depending on the size of your avocado and the juice of your lime you may need to thin while blending with some water. The dressing should be thick and pourable but not runny. I also recommend tasting the dressing and adjusting the lime and salt levels prior to adding it to the salad.
*This salad can be prepped ahead of time and kept in the fridge although I recommend making the dressing and combining just prior to serving. If making at home and traveling with the salad, I recommend pressing plastic wrap directly on top of the salad to minimize how much air comes in contact with the avocado dressing. Although the lime does a good job of minimizing browning and the salad should be fresh in color for several hours I like the extra precaution.
Keywords: Mexican street corn, summer salad, easy side dish,