Mini Key Lime Pies – These healthy little desserts are perfect for any occasion. They are vegan, gluten free, dairy free, keto and incredibly creamy!
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked for 4–6 hours or up to overnight and drained
- 1/2 cup full-fat unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice, from about 4 large limes
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup (or 1/3 cup honey if not vegan) (*for KETO use 1/4 cup of this)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 Tablespoon grated lime zest + more zest for sprinkling on top
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line a standard sized muffin tin with 12 paper liners.
- Pulse graham crackers and palm shortening in a food processor until the graham crackers are finely ground and the palm shortening is fully incorporated into the mixture.
- Evenly distribute the crust mixture into the bottom of the muffin liners and press down firmly to flatten the crust.
- Bake the crusts for 8 minutes until golden brown.
- Once baked, remove the crusts from the oven and set aside to cool completely before adding the filling.
- Add all filling ingredients to a blender and blend, starting on low and increasing to high until smooth and creamy. This will take about 90 seconds.
- Evenly pour the filling into the muffin liners to cover the crust.
- Pop any air bubbles that surface in the filling carefully with a wooden toothpick.
- Sprinkle the tops of each mini pie with a pinch of lime zest.
- Freeze the mini pies in the muffin tin for 2-4 hours or until firm.
- Remove from the freezer and immediately remove the paper liners while frozen and arrange the pies as you’d like them on a serving platter.
- Allow the pies to sit at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving from frozen or transfer the serving plate to the refrigerator if not serving right away. Enjoy!
*These Mini Key Lime Pies will keep once frozen for up to 2 weeks if covered.
Keywords: key lime pie, keto, vegan, gluten free, dairy free,