Mini Key Lime Pies – These healthy easy little desserts are perfect for any occasion. With a simple crust and no bake cheesecake style filling, this recipe is the perfect make ahead option! Just keep them in the freezer until ready to serve. They are vegan, gluten free, dairy free, keto and incredibly creamy!
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked for 4–6 hours or up to overnight and drained
- 1/2 cup full-fat unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/2 cup fresh key lime juice, from about 4 large limes
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup (or 1/3 cup honey if not vegan) (*for KETO use 1/4 cup of this)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 Tablespoon grated lime zest + more zest for sprinkling on top
- 1/8 teaspoon unrefined sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line a standard sized muffin tin with 12 paper liners.
- Pulse graham crackers and palm shortening in a food processor until the graham crackers are finely ground and the palm shortening is fully incorporated into the mixture.
- Evenly distribute the crust mixture into the bottom of the muffin liners and press down firmly to flatten the crust.
- Bake the crusts for 8 minutes until golden brown.
- Once baked, remove the crusts from the oven and set aside to cool completely before adding the filling.
- Add all filling ingredients to a blender and blend, starting on low and increasing to high until smooth and creamy. This will take about 90 seconds.
- Evenly pour the filling into the muffin liners to cover the crust.
- Pop any air bubbles that surface in the filling carefully with a wooden toothpick.
- Sprinkle the tops of each mini pie with a pinch of lime zest.
- Freeze the mini pies in the muffin tin for 2-4 hours or until firm.
- Remove from the freezer and immediately remove the paper liners while frozen and arrange the pies as you’d like them on a serving platter.
- Allow the pies to sit at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving from frozen or transfer the serving plate to the refrigerator if not serving right away. Enjoy!
*These Mini Key Lime Pies will keep once frozen for up to 2 weeks if covered.
Keywords: mini key lime pies, dairy free key lime pie, vegan key lime pie recipe, low carb key lime pie, gluten free key lime pie recipe, gluten free dairy free key lime pie, mini key lime cheesecakes,