This Montmorency Sour Cherry Crumble is bursting with juicy tart cherries! Cobbler and crisp are two of my go-to summer desserts. This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, refined sugar free and just down right delicious!
- 3 cups fresh Montmorency cherries, pitted (see notes above if using frozen)
- 1/3 cup raw honey
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 Tablespoons arrowroot powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Using a large mixing bowl, combine pitted cherries with honey, vanilla extract and arrowroot powder and stir until combined.
- Pour the cherry mixture into a 8×8 inch baking dish.
- Cut cold butter into small 1/2 inch cubes and combine all topping ingredients into a small bowl.
- Using your fingers work the cold butter into the mixture of oats using a finger snapping motion.
- Once the butter is worked through the topping (some small remaining butter chunks are fine) top the cherries evenly with the mixture.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until the cherries are bubbling and the crumble topping is golden brown.
- Allow the crumble to sufficiently cool before digging in and enjoy!
Keywords: sour cherry crumble, gluten free cherry crisp,