Easy to make and fun to eat these simple Mozzarella Salami Summer Skewers are totally the way to do summer! Made with olives, basil and balsamic glaze these are a favorite every time!
- Short wood skewers (3.75 inches is what I used from the Good Cook brand)
- 1 fresh ciliegine mozzarella ball
- 2 fresh basil leaves
- 2 slices Genoa salami, rolled and skewered
- 2 Castelvetrano olives (I like Jeff’s Naturals brand)
- Drizzle with balsamic glaze (not balsamic vinegar which is very thin and runny)
- Start by placing your ciliegine mozzarella ball directly in the middle of each skewer with equal distance from the ball to each end of the skewer.
- On each side of the mozzarella skewer a basil leave that you’ve folded in half.
- Roll a piece of salami and skewer one on each size of the basil.
- Place a Castelvetrano olive, inserting the skewer through the large opening first, onto each end of the skewer and securing the skewer ends into the flesh of the olive to keep them in place.
- Repeat for as many skewers as you’d like.
- Once finished you can refrigerate the skewers until ready to serve. Once ready, or if serving immediately, drizzle with balsamic glaze or a thick balsamic reduction.
- Serve and enjoy!
*Ingredients are for each skewer. Repeat for as many skewers as you’d like. For an appetizer I’d recommend 3+ skewers per person.
Keywords: Mozzarella Salami Summer Skewers, summer side dishes, summer recipes