Sweet and sticky Orange Shrimp over cauliflower rice. This easy paleo dinner is made with a take-out worthy orange sauce that’s sugar free and ready in 15 minutes!
- 24 ounce bag of frozen cauliflower rice
- 2 teaspoons avocado oil
- 1/2 teaspoon unrefined sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- *optional* more coconut aminos to taste
- 2 teaspoons avocado oil
- 1 lb raw peeled and deveined shrimp (not frozen)
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 Tablespoons coconut aminos
- 2 Tablespoons raw honey (I recommend local if you can find it for added health benefits)
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon unrefined sea salt
- *optional* red pepper flakes
- Garnish with green onions, sliced
- In a large skillet heat the avocado oil oven medium heat then add in the frozen cauliflower rice and allow the water to evaporate as you cook. Stir for 3-5 minutes.
- Once the cauliflower has softened add in the salt and pepper.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and set aside while cooking your shrimp but keep the cauliflower in the skillet so you can warm just before serving.
- In a large skillet heat the avocado oil over medium heat.
- Once the pan is hot cook the shrimp for one minute on each side then transfer the shrimp to a plate and set aside.
- To the skillet add the orange juice, coconut aminos, honey, apple cider vinegar, ground ginger, garlic powder and salt. Stir the ingredients together and turn the skillet up to medium-high.
- Allow the sauce to simmer and thicken for 20 minutes while stirring occasionally. (The sauce will start out very runny and will considerably thicken to the point where you can see the separation when you pull a spatula through it.)
- In the last 5 minutes of the sauce reducing, put your skillet of cauliflower rice back on a medium heat burner and stir for a few minutes until it’s heated through.
- After reducing the sauce for 20 minutes, add the shrimp back to the sauce and stir to coat the shrimp in that sticky orange sauce. Allow the shrimp to warm in the sauce before serving over cauliflower rice.
- Serve garnished with sesame seeds and green onion. Enjoy!
*To thaw out frozen shrimp for this recipe, add the shrimp to a large bowl. Place the bowl with the shrimp in the sink and run cold water over the shrimp for several minutes until they are no longer frozen. Drain the shrimp and pat dry using a paper towel and proceed with the recipe.
Keywords: orange shrimp, orange shrimp recipe, orange shrimp sauce, healthy orange shrimp,