Paleo Pumpkin Bars topped with Maple Walnut Frosting are the perfect easy pumpkin recipe for fall! Similar to pumpkin bread but even easier and loaded with pumpkin spice. The blender frosting is made in minutes and makes these bars a decadent treat the whole family will love!
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup raw honey (I recommend using local honey if you can find it)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup unsweetened smooth almond butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon aluminum free baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
Maple Walnut Frosting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line an 8×8 inch baking dish with parchment paper OR grease with ghee.
- Using a stand mixer (or hand mixer), begin by creaming the eggs and honey together on low speed.
- Then add the pumpkin puree, almond butter and vanilla extract and continue mixing until a smooth batter forms.
- Stop the mixer and add the baking soda, ground cinnamon, ground ginger, ground nutmeg and sea salt. Then mix until completely combined. Do not over mix, it should only take a minute or two to be completely combined.
- Pour batter into your prepared baking dish and bake for 30 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- While the bars bake, add all frosting ingredients to your blender and blend on low until all is combined and then increase the speed to medium high and continue blending until the mixture has thickened and is completely smooth. This should take approximately 2-3 minutes depending on your blender.
- Once the bars have finished baking, remove them from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to complete cooling. Cool completely before slicing.
- Frost just before serving and enjoy!
*Refrigerating the frosting with cause it to thicken significantly, so keep that in mind when making ahead.
Keywords: paleo pumpkin bars, gluten free pumpkin bars, dairy free pumpkin bars,