Paleo Pumpkin Protein Muffins are the perfect baked good to celebrate fall! They are healthy full of protein and lightly sweetened with maple syrup.
- 1/2 cup unsweetened and unsalted smooth almond butter
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup arrowroot powder
- 2 Tablespoons collagen peptides (I used Vital Proteins brand)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Using a stand or hand mixer, cream the eggs and maple syrup together until blended.
- Then add the pumpkin puree, vanilla extract and almond butter (heat the almond butter slightly until warm, thin and very creamy, 15-20 seconds in the microwave usually does the trick!). Mix on low until fully combined.
- Next add the remaining ingredients and mix until just incorporated. Do not over mix.
- Scoop batter into either greased or lined muffin tins and fill 3/4th of the way full.
- Bake for 25 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool a couple minutes before removing the muffins.
- Then transfer muffins to a wire cooling rack to continue cooling.
- Once completely cool you can store them in an airtight container for one week, though I doubt they will last that long!
Keywords: pumpkin, muffins, paleo muffins,