Pumpkin Protein Muffins are the perfect combination of pumpkin spice meets protein muffins to celebrate fall. They are healthy, full of protein, low carb, lightly sweetened with maple syrup and so easy to make!
- 1/2 cup unsweetened and unsalted smooth almond butter
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup arrowroot powder
- 2 Tablespoons collagen peptides
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon unrefined sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Using a stand or hand mixer, cream the eggs and maple syrup together until blended.
- Add the pumpkin puree, vanilla extract and almond butter (heat the almond butter slightly until warm, thin and very creamy, 15-20 seconds in the microwave usually does the trick!) Mix on low until fully combined.
- Next add the remaining ingredients and mix until just incorporated. Do not over mix.
- Scoop batter into either greased or lined muffin tins and fill 3/4th of the way full.
- Bake for 25 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean. Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the muffin tin for 5 minutes before transferring the muffins to a cooling rack to continue cooling.
- Enjoy while warm or once completely cool store the muffins in an air-tight container for up to a week, (though I doubt they will last that long). Enjoy!
Keywords: pumpkin protein muffins, protein muffin recipe, protein muffins, gluten free pumpkin muffins,