Easy Paleo Shortbread Cookies made with almond flour and naturally sweetened with honey! They are sure to be your favorite shortbread cookie!
- 2 1/2 cups blanched almond flour (I’ve linked the super fine almond flour which is what you need)
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 6 Tablespoons vegan butter (ghee or dairy butter can also be used if not dairy free), softened
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon unrefined sea salt
- Optional: slivered almonds for the top
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a stand mixer, cream together the ghee, honey and vanilla extract.
- Then add the almond flour, coconut flour, ground cinnamon and salt and mix until just combined. (do not overmix)
- Portion out the cookies dough and press to flatten them into round circles about 1/3 inch thick on the baking sheet. Optional: place a slivered almond in the center of the cookie and sprinkle with a pinch of ground cinnamon.
- Bake for 10 minutes, until golden brown.
- Transfer from the baking sheet to cool on a cooling rack for 5-10 minutes before enjoying!
- Store in an airtight container for up to a week.
Keywords: paleo, shortbread cookies, holiday cookies, almond shortbread,