This delicious Pizza Breakfast Casserole is filled with all the classic pizza toppings you love baked right into the eggs. It’s the perfect Whole30 make ahead breakfast that smells just like pizza coming out of the oven. Whole 30 and Paleo, this breakfast is sure to please the whole family!
- 2 Tablespoons avocado oil, divided
- 1 pound ground Italian sausage (compliant for whole30 or *see notes below)
- 12 large eggs
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 bell peppers (any color), cut into ribbons or diced
- 1 – 14 ounces can pitted black olives, sliced
- 14.5 ounces diced tomatoes, liquid drained
- 8 ounces button mushrooms, sliced thinnly
- 1 teaspoon unrefined sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 12 large pepperoni slices (compliant for whole30)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees fahrenheit and use 1 Tablespoon of oil to grease the 9×13 inch baking dish.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add 1 Tablespoon avocado oil and cook the ground sausage.
- Transfer the cooked sausage to the baking dish, reduce the heat to medium-low and use the same skillet to cook the mushrooms, onions and peppers, adding for oil if needed. Cook until tender, about 6 minutes.
- Pour the cooked veggies over the sausage in the baking dish.
- To the baking dish, add the diced tomatoes and black olives (reserving a few olives to place on top of the dish, if desired) and stir until evenly combined.
- In a large mixing bowl, scramble the eggs with the salt and spices and pour over top the veggies and sausage in the baking dish. Mix slightly until everything is coated in eggs.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until cooked through in the center and the eggs are firm.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10-15 minutes before slicing into squares.
- Enjoy hot or store in the fridge for up to 5 days. For longer storage, cool the square portions completely and then wrap individually in plastic wrap before storing in a larger zip lock in the freezer for up to 2 months.
*If you are unable to find Whole30 compliant Italian sausage or want to make your own at home, cook 1 pound of ground meat (pork, chicken, turkey or beef) with: 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon dried parsley, 1/2 teaspoon dried basil, 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper, 1/2 teaspoon whole fennel seeds, 1/2 teaspoon paprika (plain, sweet or smoky can all be used depending on your preference), 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (or 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne). Cook these spices into the meat and then proceed with the recipe.
Keywords: pizza breakfast casserole, whole30 pizza, whole30 pizza casserole, paleo breakfast pizza, low carb pizza casserole,