These healthy Pumpkin Breakfast Cookies make a nutritious and grab-and-go breakfast that tastes like fall! This gluten-free and vegan breakfast treat is made with rolled oats, cashew butter, pumpkin puree and maple syrup. They are so easy and so hardy!
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup unsalted smooth cashew butter*
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled gluten free oats
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl with a whisk or in a stand mixer, begin by creaming together the pumpkin puree, cashew butter, maple syrup and vanilla extract.
- Mix in the ground cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, baking soda and salt.
- Using a rubber spatula stir in the rolled oats and coconut flour until evenly incorporated.
- Using an ice cream scoop, portion out even scoops baking 6 cookies at a time. Roll the cookies into balls and place the first 6 on the baking sheet. Then using your fingers flatten the top of each cookie.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- After removing the cookies from the oven, allow them to sit on the baking sheet for 3-5 minutes before transferring them to a wire cooling rack.
- Allow to cool completely before storing for up to 5 days.* Enjoy!
*This recipe calls for unsalted cashew butter, if you are using salted cashew butter them omit the addition of 1/4 teaspoon of salt in the recipe.
*These cooking are meant to be soft so they are able to sit uncovered for longer than some other cookies without drying out. However, I’d recommend storing in an air tight container if you plan to store them longer than a day.
Keywords: pumpkin, cookies, gluten free, vegan,