Roasted Asparagus Recipe – This baked and roasted asparagus in the oven is my quick and easy, toddler approved go to side dish recipe for any busy night! It’s the perfect Whole30, Paleo, AIP, Vegan and Keto side dish.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Snap the ends off each asparagus stalk to discard the “woody” ends. To do this, hold one end of the stalk in each hand and slowly bend the ends toward each other until the asparagus snaps. Most stalks should snap in about the same spot. Discard the ends and rinse and pat dry the top portion.
- Place the stalks on your prepared baking sheet and drizzle with avocado oil then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Toss to coat the stalks then arrange them evenly spaced on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes (depending on how firm you prefer your stalks) at 450 degrees. I prefer mine cooked the full 15 minutes so they are softer with a bit of crisp to the edges.
- Once done, remove from the oven and sample a piece. Add more salt if needed.
- Serve immediately with your favorite main course. Eat and enjoy!
Keywords: keto asparagus, roasted asparagus, roasted asparagus recipe, whole30 asparagus, crispy roasted asparagus, paleo side dish, whole30 side dish, paleo side dish, simple side dish,