Roasted Asparagus Recipe – my quick and easy, toddler approved go to side dish recipe for any busy night!
- 1 bunch of thin asparagus stalks
- 1/2 teaspoon avocado oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- pinch/grind of freshly cracked black pepper (do not use pepper if doing AIP)
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Snap the ends off each asparagus stalk to discard the “woody” ends. To do this, hold one end of the stalk in each hand and slowly bend the ends toward each other until the asparagus snaps. Most stalks should snap in about the same spot. Discard the ends and rinse and pat dry the top portion.
- Place the stalks on your prepared baking sheet and drizzle with avocado oil then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Toss to coat the stalks then arrange them evenly spaced on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes (depending on how firm you prefer your stalks) at 450 degrees. I prefer mine cooked the full 15 minutes so they are softer with a bit of crisp to the edges.
- Once done, remove from the oven and sample a piece. Add more salt if needed.
- Serve immediately with your favorite main course. Eat and enjoy!
Keywords: roasted asparagus, roasted asparagus recipe, crispy roasted, crispy roasted asparagus, side dish, whole30 side dish, paleo side dish, easy side dish, simple side dish, healthy side dish, roasted veggie, healthy, asparagus,