Rocket Pesto is simple to make and delicious on pasta, pizza, salad or on your favorite sandwich. Made with walnuts, garlic and olive oil, this easy Arugula Pesto Recipe is the perfect basil alternative that is also vegan, paleo, whole30, keto and made in minutes.
- 4 ounces (113g) baby rocket / arugula leaves
- 1/2 cup (100.5g) raw walnuts or hemp hearts for a nut free pesto
- 1 garlic clove (you can use 2 cloves but there is quite a difference when you do)
- 2 teaspoons (9.85ml) fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.46ml) lemon zest
- unrefined sea salt and pepper to taste (I used 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper)
- 3 Tablespoons (44ml) extra virgin olive oil (this will yield a thicker pesto which I like and thin as needed depending on use, you can add more oil based on the consistency you like)
- Begin by adding your rocket/arugula leaves to the food processor and pulsing to reduce their volume.
- Add in the walnuts, garlic, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt and pepper and pulse while drizzling the olive oil into the top of the food processor.
- Continue processing until the pesto is the consistency you desire.
- Use immediately and store any leftovers in the fridge in a sealed container with a layer of oil drizzled on top for up to a week. For longer storage freeze in a freezer-safe container for up to 6 months. Enjoy!
Keywords: rocket pesto, rocket pesto recipe, whole30 pesto, vegan rocket pesto, vegan arugula pesto, vegan arugula recipes, arugula pesto, arugula pesto recipe, arugula pesto with walnuts,