Shrimp with Zucchini Noodles is a quick and easy flavorful healthy dinner for any night of the week! Made with a saucy Thai inspired broth and packed with the fresh flavors of garlic, ginger and lime. This is a delicious one pot family meal that is whole30 adaptable, paleo, low-carb, gluten free and dairy free.
Shrimp with Zucchini Noodles:
- 4 slices of bacon, chopped
- 1.5 lbs fresh raw jumbo shrimp, peeled and devined
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 2 Tablespoons raw honey (omit for Whole30 and replace with 2 Tablespoons of coconut aminos)
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 14 ounce can of full fat unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 Tablespoon fish sauce (I’ve linked the only sugar free one I’ve found)
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- zest and juice from one lime (depending on your preferences you can start with half the lime and add more as needed)
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 3 cups spiralized zucchini noodles
- pinches of salt
- Green onion
- Sliced jalapeno
- Black Sesame Seeds
- Lime Slices
- In a medium mixing bowl, add the avocado oil, honey (omit the honey if doing Whole30 and replace with coconut aminos), garlic, ginger and red pepper flakes and stir to combine. Then stir the raw shrimp into the mixture and set aside to marinate.
- Place the zucchini noodles in a colander and set it in the sink or on a plate then sprinkle the noodles with a few pinches of salt and allow them to sit while cooking the rest of the dish.
- Add the bacon to a large skillet over medium heat and cook for about 5 minutes until the fat has rendered and the bacon is cooked.
- Transfer the bacon to a paper towel lined plate while leaving the bacon fat in the skillet.
- Using a slotted spoon or tongs transfer the shrimp from the marinade to the same skillet the bacon was cooked in. Retain the marinade for later.
- Season the shrimp with a pinch of salt and pepper and cook until the shrimp are pink, about 2 minutes on each side.
- Add the retained marinade and continue cooking the shrimp for another minute.
- Remove the shrimp from the skillet and set aside on a plate.
- To the same skillet, add the coconut milk, water, spinach and fish sauce. Stir to combine and bring the liquid to a boil and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and stir in the lime zest and lime juice. Taste as you add the lime juice. Then add in the cilantro leaves and stir.
- Serve by dividing the zucchini noodles and shrimp between 4 bowls and pour the sauce over top the zucchini and shrimp. Top with bacon, green onion, jalapeno slices and sesame seeds and enjoy!
*If doing a Whole30 omit the honey from this recipe and replace with 2 Tablespoons of coconut aminos in it’s place.
Keywords: shrimp with zucchini noodles, zoodles, shrimp scampi with zucchini noodles,