Strawberry Freezer Jam – nothing beats a great strawberry jam! My easy, no-cook rendition includes honey and balsamic which really makes the strawberry flavor pop!
- 3 cups of fresh strawberries, measure after washing, drying, hulling and cutting into 1 inch pieces
- 2/3 cup of raw honey (this was enjoy honey for my batch of strawberries and taste, start with this and add more if needed)
- 2 Tablespoons dark aged balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup Ball Realfruit Instant Freezer Pectin
- Using a large glass mixing bowl and potato masher, mash the prepared strawberries and then transfer them to a medium sauce pot.
- To the sauce pot of strawberries, add the honey, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper. Stir over the heat until all is incorporated.
- Then mix as you sprinkle the pectin overtop the warm sauce pot. Continue mixing until there aren’t any clumps and your jam has begun to thicken slightly. This should take about 5 minutes.
- Taste and adjust as desired. Now is the time to add more honey or black pepper if you choose.
- Once you are happy with the taste you are done if you like the semi-chunky consistency. You can also blend with an immersion blender for an ultra-smooth jam like I have pictured in this recipe.
- Then portion out into the jars of your choice, leaving 1/2 inch of head space at the top of each jar. I recommend these jars.
- Allow your jars to sit uncovered on the counter overnight before transferring them to the refrigerator (8-12 hours up to overnight). Then finally transferring the jars to the freezer for storage up to 1 year.
- Leave a jar in your fridge for use right away and enjoy!
*Jam placed in the fridge should be used within 3 weeks. Frozen jam lasts in the freezer for 1 year.
Keywords: strawberry freezer jam, strawberry freezer jam low sugar,